2014-08-04

My dear friends...

And I say dear friends in all sincerity.

Sadly though... neither measure up to my original. Found on the shore of Lake Ontario in 1985 while at CFB Kingston, it was a thing of beauty..

I know I have a pic of it somewhere... it's just a matter of time that I come across it (right Ali?)
Sanded and shined over... it was with me every move from the age of 22... my marriage/divorce... raising Brad and Ali... camping, you name it, it was with me.

Unfortunately... it is no longer with me.

Oh it's somewhere out there, a find piece of wood is a rare thing to hold.

With that said... the larger 'staff' on the left (measuring no less than 6'6") was with me on my trip out East. Yup... from Trenton, ON to Pubnico, NS... every step of the way.
Hitch-hiking from Ontario out East, me and my tats, the hair... and this 6'6" piece of wood was something to see. I wondered whether I would actually get picked up (turns out... wasn't an issue.)

:l
When I left for Alberta, I left it in the care of Brad.
Take care of it my Son.
*sniff*

:l

The smaller one on the right (measuring a 'mere' 70") was found, again on the shores of Lake Ontario, post Caribana Parade.

It has yet to receive any TLC... but it will.

Because as I said... a fine piece of wood is a rare thing to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment